The Liebster Award
The Liebster Award 2017
I've been nominated and I'm truly amazed!
Although I've only been blogging for a few months, it can feel like a life time when you're preparing and posting weekly, and promoting yourself daily on Instagram or Facebook. Having said that, any form of creativity can be vulnerable, offering your ideas, talents, gifts and thoughts into the public domain, and not knowing how or if people will receive them. So I was stoked to know people are reading and enjoying my blog.
So thank you so much Jenny from Share The Travel Bug for nominating me. I'm truly honoured.
Jenny writes about her family's jet-setting travel lifestyle, capturing the joys, the sights, and the challenges along the way. She offers helpful tips on money, historical background, as well as inspiring adventures reminding us to see God and marvel at his creation wherever we are. I love the family feel she weaves so effortlessly through her posts, introducing us to her daughter, Paige, aka "photographer, and food critic or taste tester!"
My favourite post of Jenny's.
10 Tips to Freeze Vacation Meltdowns - I'm going to keep this list handy! Having just moved our entire lives across the ocean twice in one year, Jenny's observations were a definite "holla!" moment!
My favourite blog = Smocks.on
I LOVE crafts and anything arty, messy, and creative. I am a HUGE Instagram smocks.on fan so when they released a blog (and a facebook page ... and pinterest...I don't know how they do it, I can barely find a matching pair of socks and keep instagram afloat.) Anyway I was like WOOOOO!!! Endless pretty, and pretty fantastic, ideas to swoon any craft-lover's heart. I love the gals who run it and the community they've created! I can't recommend them more highly. Go now go! This community has kept me focused, laughing and inspired throughout the past 7 months back in England, when homeschooling my two cubs was tricky and I'd question whether I was doing anything right...art proved me wrong. Having something, and some new insta-pals, to encourage me within all the instability that life was bringing, kept my creativity flowing when it could have slumped into a huge sack of potatoes. We've lived in 7 different homes in 7 months (8 now that we've moved) and I can still visualise the crafts and art adventures we have had in those different places, mostly down to the joy I found sharing these things that mattered to me, with a community who was built upon them. Art alongside one another. Nurturing discussion and togetherness. It also gave me a chance to enjoy the tasks and receive peace from pulling up my own chair and making my own version of the one I had set out for them, rather than just hovering or making a cup of tea as they did it. (Though Lord knows there are times for unsupervised mess while we supervise our own unwinding in a chair with a hot drink.) So their mantra of art side-by-side has felt more like a sideward hug. And I've made some great new friends along the way. So thanks girls! Smock On!
What is a Liebster Award anyway?!
The Liebster Award is an award designed with the purpose of recognising new bloggers and spreading the word across the world wide web, and introducing them to other blogging communities. Although it may not bring a trophy for your mantlepiece, it builds one another up, and passes on the love.
The word liebster means beloved, pleasant, welcome, valued or darling. Someone described it as a version of chain mail, but I think it's a lot more darling than that. It's in its name: welcoming bloggers who other bloggers value, and sharing them with their beloved readers.
Liebster Award 2017 Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award (feature image) on your blog.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself (optional).
- Nominate 5 – 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers that you feel deserve the award.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
Jenny's Questions to her nominees:
1. What are you most thankful for this week? Arriving in America safely, visa approved, community awaiting, and after 8 years in the waiting for God's dream in our hearts to be fulfilled, I have a peace that truly goes beyond my understanding.
2. If you could have any super power, what would you choose and why? Definitely to fly! I often imagine sitting on clouds, or imagine myself from a bird's perspective when I'm driving or sitting in traffic. Reminds me how small I am and how amazing the world is.
3. What is your favorite cuisine or dish? Steak and Chips, always. But I love to have broccoli and green beans with almost everything. I've been known to even have it alongside egg on toast for breakfast!
4. What type of vacation do you prefer? Sightseeing? Time with nature? Or staycation? Nature. I'm easily excited by life so as long as I'm not cold I'm happy.
5. What is the most important lesson you have learned in life? For me, it's about seeing Jesus. In it all. In people and plans, hopes and disappointments. There's no fear, when I look at him. Just love.
6. Selfie stick or no selfie stick? Nope. Perhaps I should because my arms are never long enough to get everyone in, but I'd probably just drop it in a pond somewhere.
7. What is one of your guilty pleasures? I could eat a whole bag of chocolate coated raisins.
8. If you can visit any city in the world, where would it be? I'm not great at geography and getting city/country/states right can be a struggle.. I have been known to think a footballer's name was a country. BUT at the moment, because I'd love to see some dear friends I'd say Phuket City in Thailand.
9. What are 2 things you cannot live without? I guess people don't count as objects.... I wish it wasn't true but my phone. Though I always feel better from a phone-cation. And a notebook or journal as I love to write down creative ideas, thoughts, journal and pray.
10. What is the favorite post you have written and why? At the moment I'd say, I'm really excited by the Advent Christmas Story Calendar I've made. God has spoken to me a lot in creating it. It hope it'll be a lot of fun and a blessing to families who use it this Christmas.
1. Erin Elizabeth - Erin is a lifestyle blogger, offering GORGEOUS decorating services for you and your home. If you're in the market for some beautiful free prints then look no further, as Erin not only blogs her family, thoughts and creative decor she also makes stunning art work. I can't wait to hook up my printer and get my hands on these!
2. Amy from Learning to Balance Life - Amy is a good friend, living in Essex UK, who is passionate about Jesus, fitness, healthy eating and living, all the while offering real conversations about life. Head over to her blog to be inspired by all things healthy and honest.
3. Pillars of Grace Girls - These girls in sunny California are encouraging daughters of God, to pursue their God-given gifts and find purpose in him. I LOVE their messages, their artwork, and their hearts to encourage women through biblical truth, not being restricted to the status quo but live free and secure in grace of God. I'll be sticking around as an avid reader.
4. Suzi Brown from Gracefull Reflections - Suzi, also living in Essex, UK, is a longstanding friend and inspiring writer, and all round creative powerhouse! I admire her creativity, her theological insight and her passion to relate the every day to heavenly perspectives. As a former Religious Education teacher turned full-time writer, Suzi will bless your heart as you step into her words.
5. 2 Punks and a Bunch of Kids - I was really encouraged reading Peta's latest 2 blogs dealing with homeschooling, the highs and disappointments, anxiety and making the decision to send kids back to school for her health and sanity. Peta is refreshing, and honest. This Australian mama sure knows how to persevere. I was inspired, and not just by her honesty but this mama has 5 kids and doesn't have a TV !!
6. The Graceful Growing - Megan is a dear friend and whose blogs I love. She has a great way of talking about the meaningful things in life while making you feel all snuggled up and cosy with your coco. She offers fitness tips, recommends books, promotes websites and new music. An all round beautiful writer and soul, living in New Jersey.
7. Mission Mumma - Kate, keeps it real mamas. She is set on bringing out the honest, seeing the greatness and acknowledging the challenges. I love her drive to help her kids to pray and meet Jesus for themselves and encourages mamas to do the same. She lives in the Cook Islands (which looks like heaven, and I had to look up where it was!) and works for YWAM while mama to 3 cubs.
8. Mum To Boys - Bijal shares her journey in motherhood, with all the spills and thrills, and throwing in some profound and hilarious quotes along the way. Some from her boys, some from the famous and most from herself. I especially love these two, "A mother is a school, empower her and you empower a generation." and "I hate when I play with my kids for 6 hours, then it turns out it's only been 20 minutes." I know that feeling!
9. Southern Momdays - Andrea is a new blogger with fab pictures and thoughts. She shares her reflections on faith, family and tips on balancing finances (and a few yummy food recipes in there too!). Andrea helps you to journey towards less stress and more joy in just 7 days! She's also a mama after my own heart with her cool craft ideas.
My 10 Questions to you lovely nominees:
1. What is your favourite time of year and why?
2. When are you most productive in the day?
3. Where is the best place/city/country you've travelled to and why?
4. What are you most thankful for this week?
5. Do you have a saying/mantra that you try and live by?
6. Are you an outdoors explorer or an indoors snuggler?
7. Have you got a big dream to achieve in your life? (Do tell if so!)
8. Where's your favourite spot to be in your home?
9. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
10. What's been your biggest life lesson for you this year?
Now you go forth be courageous!
“Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can't practice any other virtue consistently.”
― Maya Angelou
Spread your love and creativity,