Wild and Learning
Wild and Learning
A Mum and Self-Awareness.
Hi I'm Amy, a wild one and a deep one! I'm a crazy creative craft lover, wife, mum of 2, website beginner and follower of Jesus. I'm a beautiful mess and I'm always learning. It's one of my goals to understand myself & people better. I believe if I understand people better then I can love and serve them better. But first things first, I need to love and understand myself. This picture was taken at the wild flowers patch near our playground. When you look closely at each flower you see it's individual beauty and you see all its mess. The beautiful mess of a wild flower patch is not appealing to all, because it's not crisp, pristine and perfect. Just like people. But we aren't perfect. We are wild and we are growing. We don't live (or work or parent) from perfection and we don't live for perfection. We live from connection with God and for connection to God.
I believe the more self-aware I am, the more I understand myself, the easier it will be to let go of the things that hold me back. Then I will run faster than before, shine brighter than ever, love deeper without scarring, and laugh more every day. Not for perfection but for connection.
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
I don't want to be afraid of my mess. Jesus wasn't, and he endured it for the freedom and joy that lay ahead. How can I serve, work or parent, and love others in their mess, if I'm afraid or ashamed of my own? We are all in need of repair, but it's what we do with our broken pieces that will make the difference.
So here I am sharing some of my beautiful mess, to encourage you to not be ashamed of where you're at and what you're learning and go share yours with those closest to you.
Here are my top 10 things I'm currently learning:
1) To enjoy being present - not living in the wonderings or what ifs or waiting for the future but finding the joy and strength in being where I am and being all there....well, here. OK, you get it.
2) To trust God and his heart for me and others - this includes trusting how I hear him, as well as how he's made me, and seeing the God-goodness in those around me.
3) How to grieve, forgive and rebuild - How to grieve well and refuse to let disappointment dwell is so important to help us move forward, not brushing things under carpets or dismissing emotions. Taking feelings by the horns and taking action to rebuild - whether this is just ourselves or our relationships.
4) How to be ME, without fear or shame. Amen?! Do you know you are enough. Just as you are.
5) To be an example to the kids, and do what I say. Walk the walk not just talk the talk!
6) How to persevere and be SOOO patient.
7) How to homeschool (AND PARENT) from love and joy, not fear and control. This is on my mind nearly every.single.day. As is No. 7.
8) How to manage my time - Juggling the new website, homeschool, family, & friends... and not just fitting in Jesus after all of this, but centring him and all of this around him.
9) How to love people like I'm loving Jesus and like he loves others - while having healthy boundaries. ie not giving full access to my heart to all who walk by. THIS IS SO HARD. I wear my heart on my sleeve but often means I hand it out to be bruised. I'm learning God deserves the full access to my heart, and he is my gauge to discern how much of it to give out.
10) Lastly, to be kind to myself and tell myself Amy, you're doing a good job ! How often do we praise ourselves? Erm...rarely if ever right?! I don't know about you but I'm learning not to need to hear praise from others, because I have my Papa's approval!
Do you relate to any of these?
If you do, be encouraged today. You're not alone!
We are all being repaired.
We are all beautiful and wild.
We are all learning, growing, from glory to glory (2 Corinthians 3:18)
We are in this together.
So grow wild, grow deep, and know your beautiful mess is beautiful none the less.
What are you learning in this season?
And if you're a parent, how do those things translate to raising your cubs?