Praying for Friends
Praying for Friends
How do we help our kids hear from God and pray for their friends?
Here is another weekly feature of an activity to engage your kids with Jesus. We love these huge people templates, aren't they amazing? They've been a HUGE HIT!
2) Ask the Cubs to think of a friend of theirs to draw and colour in
3) While they are colouring, suggest "Let's pray and ask Jesus to be with ... (name) today."
4) Have your little one ask Jesus how their friend is feeling today and why? See if God brings any supernatural knowledge to mind, words of knowledge or prophecy for their friend.
5) Pray for the little friend to know Jesus' love today
6) If you know the friends why not text them or write them a card together during the week, sharing the encouragement
Don't worry if it's easier with younger ones to spread this activity out over the week coming back to pray.
️Words of Knowledge Game - to stretch their gifts and encourage their faith, why not have the cubs make a few cut-out friends and YOU join in too with your grown up peeps. When finished: Have them turn around, with their back to you, and you hold up one of the people behind their back. No peeking! Have them close their eyes and ask Jesus to give them a mental picture or a word about that friend without knowing who it is. Sometimes we have our own filters of what we think people need, or what we think Jesus would want to say to someone, so removing the option of knowing who it is encourages us to really trust what we hear/sense/see from God without our own filter. So encourage your cubs to ask what Jesus thinks of the "unseen" friend, or what he is saying to encourage them today.
Take it in turns! Give it a go yourself too!
Model your own courage in taking risks and trusting God's heart and voice within you.
Let us know how you get on and post pictures on Instagram tagging us @raisinglittledisciples to share their beautiful friends!